Follow us on Facebook for weather cancellations, championship results and more.
The Gateway 2016 Pennant Draw - Now Available
Grant Workshop - 28th June at 10am
State Department of Sport and Recreation
MANLY BOWLS CLUB
Tuesday 28th. June 2016
commencing at 10.00 am.
On Monday 13th June 2016 members of the Gateway District Executive, met with representatives of the State Department of Sport and Recreation. The purpose of this meeting was to acquaint us with the funding that is available to Clubs wishing to improve their facilities etc.
The representative gave us a very comprehensive insight into the procedure for applying for grants and expressed a desire to meet with Club members to explain the system to them. They also said that they would be willing to assist applicants with applications for funding.
Applications for funding will be open from 1st July until 1st September.
As the District sees this as a great opportunity for our member Clubs to get first hand knowledge of the system, a meeting with the Department has been arranged to be held at MANLY BOWLS CLUB ON TUESDAY 28TH. June 2016 commencing at 10.00 am. At this meeting paper work will be distributed.
Clubs are invited to bring at least two members to the meeting. We believe that it will be of great benefit to Clubs.
Would you please advise District Secretary, Earle Klease if your Club is interested and if so the number of people attending.
Grant Workshop Session
The purpose of this session will be to have Queensland Government sport and recreation advisors provide detailed information and hints and tips that will help local bowls clubs in the Gateway district submit strong applications in the upcoming funding round the Queensland Government is releasing. The funding that will be available is solely for local and regional sporting bodies.
What Will be Covered?
The session will have a number of focus points, including;
Get Playing Places and Spaces Grants - $100 000 infrastructure grants
- These grants fund local sport clubs to complete new infrastructure projects, complete repairs on existing infrastructure and replace existing infrastructure
- Examples include – new shade structure, replace existing shade structures, installation or replacement of lighting poles, new amenities blocks
- Ineligible projects include – maintenance projects, gaming machines and licensed bar areas, driveways/footpaths/carparks, air conditioning
- Applicants are required to contribute a minimum of 20% to the total project cost (can be in the form of cash in the bank, professional in-kind services and materials and grants from other sources)
Get Going Clubs - $7500 grants
- Grants to support clubs with participation programs, capacity building initiatives and equipment purchases
- Examples include – funding new junior programs, funding the running of coaching accreditation, organising volunteer development in governance/financial management/asset management etc, purchase of equipment to support participation at the club
Other sources of funding
- We will also go through other sources of funding and how they can be leveraged to enhance projects
Congratulations to Sean Baker & Jamie Anderson
Gold Medal 2016 State Fours
Victoria Point's Sean Baker and Capapalaba member Jamie Anderson took Gold in the Final of the 2016 State Singles Championships on the Gold Coast, with the help of Robbie Wild and John Newell.
Congratulations to Rob Cresswell
Silver Medal 2016 State Singles
Logan City and Greenslopes member Rob Cresswell was narrowly defeated by Broadbeach's Ryan Bester, 25 to 21 in the Final of the 2016 State Singles Championships on the Gold Coast.
Congratulations to Bob Marty
Silver Medal 2016 State Over 60 Pairs
Wellington Point's Bob Marty and partner Taragindi's Gary Groeger came close to gold in the Final of the 2016 State Over 60's Pairs Championships on the Gold Coast.
Gateway State Sides Team
Congratulations to the players for a great effort.
Jac- Aaron Page, John Rafton, Glenn Malone, Mitchell Cameron, Trevor Broadbent, Chris Ryan, Scott McLachlin, Andrew Thorrold, Darren Kelso, Paul Laycock, Robert Cresswell, Jack Oliver (Selector), John Finlayson, Michael Bermingham, John Fern, David Pearson, Wayne Masters.
The Gateway District is is home to 21 Clubs, covering a region south of the Brisbane River to Logan City,
and east to include the islands of Moreton Bay.
The GDBA web site.
If you have any enquiries regarding this web site,
please feel free to contact David Pearson by email, firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 0408 764657
Draws & Results
Club Event Calendar
Promote Your Club Events
Club Social Calendar
List Your Club Social Days